The reality of living with pain.
When you’re in pain, it’s hard to focus on your life. Even on your good days, uncomfortable sensations of burns, aches, stabs, and throbs are present. For a person with chronic pain, the day-to-day weight of living with pain is exhausting. You can’t do all of the activities you want. You’re emotionally worn down. And you find yourself digging for solutions without an answer. It can be emotionally defeating and draining too. And yet, pain is the most prevalent health care problem of our time.
Determining the cause behind your pain.
It may be hard to pin down the root cause of your chronic pain. Some causes are common and obvious: arthritis, migraines, or cancer. You may be able to tie your pain back to an injury. Injuries like back or neck sprains or diseases and surgeries can cause changes to your body that leave you with chronic neurogenic pain or pain in your scar tissue. But not all causes of chronic pain are so cut and dry. Some are psychological, bodily responses to stress, anxiety, and depression. You may even have multiple factors causing your chronic pain, for example, you could have a back injury in conjunction with psychologically-induced discomfort.
5 natural supplements to help with pain.
You don’t have to know the root cause of your pain to find a supplement that is right for you. These are the five most researched and well-reviewed ways to reduce pain, naturally.
- CBD - The cannabinoids in hemp plants have oodles of benefits. In relation to pain management, CBD affects your body’s natural endocannabinoid system, sending relief and anti-inflammatory signals to the brain to fight sore muscles and aching joints. Of course, the quality of the CBD you use is crucial. Organically grown CBD isolate provides the most benefits.
- PEA - PEA stands for Palmitoylethanolamide (whew). It’s a chemical made from fat, found naturally in foods like egg yolks and peanuts—as well as in your body. Your body actually produces PEA as a first-responder to pain, inflammation, and stress.
- Pine Bark Extract - People have used pine tree elements medicinally for hundreds if not thousands of years. When it comes to pain relief, pine is lauded specifically for its herbal extract rich in pycnogenol, which is found to inhibit enzymes that cause pain and inflammation. Pine bark influences your body’s cellular pathways that regulate inflammation and has been thought to provide benefits from pain management to cognitive function and athletic performance.
- Turmeric Curcumin Extract - You’ve heard of Turmeric but not curcumin? Curcumin is the spice’s active component (it’s what gives Tumeric its vivid color), which makes Tumeric a good option for reducing pain. With its anti-inflammatory properties, Turmeric can be used to aid in everything from arthritis to IBS.
- Boswellia Serrata - While this supplement may be new to you, Boswellia Serrata is an ancient herb that has been trusted to fight inflammation for centuries. Modern medicine has taken note. In a randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study, the herb was found to increase pain threshold and pain tolerance.
How can I find pain-relieving supplements?
If you’re dealing with pain, you have options. There’s no doubt that CBD is a reliable source of pain relief.
Soul CBD created our Relief Capsules to offer all-natural relief that lasts all day, powered by CBD and other sources of relief. One capsule = powerful and rapid relief, boosted energy, and improved physical performance.
Our relief capsules include a science-backed formulation of 50mg of CBD, white willow extract, PEA, turmeric curcumin, plus a proprietary blend boswellia serrata extract, bromelain, and black pepper extract. All of the supplements you want, together in a single capsule.